Subject: Re: [Leica] meter's shmeters..step away from the meter!
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 19:43:41 -0800 (PST)

Dan States wrote:

(Snip) . . . Maybe it's a control issue, but I feel uncomfortable with
the notion that I am at the mercy of my equipment.  35mm photography is
the modern version of the mental notebook, and I don't want or need a
battery attached to mine.  Am I a Luddite?  Probably, but at least a
modern Luddite! :)
I think maybe the "luddites" who decry the use of a meter are
"selective luddites". Do they focus using the rangefinder/focusing
screen or do they take pride in being able to judge distance accurately
enough without it? Do they refer to the frame-counter or do they trust
their memories to know how many exposures they've taken? It all comes
with practice ...

;-)

Regards,