Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Piezography - real print or not?
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 21:28:25 -0800

Chandos Michael Brown wrote:

> You may appreciate this more than many.  I've been scanning stuff for my
> Dad.  Here's a Kodachrome transparency from 1953, nearly half a century
> ago.  I think that it's absolutely gorgeous<<<<<

Hi Chandos,
One of the great things about Kodachrome is it really lasts along time. I've
heard of some folks with kodachromes that go back almost since it was on the
market, I think sometime in the mid thirties.

Your dad's slide is a keeper, if for no other reason than it's a neat
record of his youth and points up once again the great value of still
photography as a family record.

Thanks for sending it along as I'm sure some the other older lads will
appreciate it as much as I.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant