Subject: [Leica] Thanks Doug - was: my beta website
From: William Gower <w.gower@home.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 21:22:33 -0400

Doug Herr wrote:

> One thing you might consider is smaller image files.  People get tired of
> waiting for large images to load, especially people with slower modems.  At
> least I do.  For my web image files I use JPEG compression in the range of 6
> or 7, and the "baseline optimized" option.  These ususally get my file sizes
> under 100k, for color images.  BTW, "Korean Lanterns" - Summicron?

Thanks for the input Doug. I chopped the files down to 600x400 and changed
the JPEG compression to 6 - that got them down to a more manageable 100K.

I dug out my old 28.8K modem and connected via my laptop and boy, you are
right - slow as molasses. Even at 56K it was pretty pokey. Sorry about that.

Also, I added 6 additional colour images in a new gallery "6 Colour Images
of Asia". File sizes range from 100 to 130K.

Again, for interested parties -  the temporary address:
www.interlog.com/~marceau/

Thanks

William