Subject: Re: [Leica] Chicago Auto Show 2001 Photos
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 16:59:46 -0800

AppleMac97@aol.com wrote:

> http://www.photo.net/photodb/presentation.tcl?presentation_id=67273
>
> Hi folks!
>
> Here is a portfolio of some photos I took at the auto show last month.  I
> used a Leica M6 TTL camera with a 35mm Summicron ASPH lens for all the
> photos.  The film used was Ilford Delta 3200 @ EI3200.  The exposure was
> f8@1/125 for all the photos with the lens set at the hyperfocal distance.
> Comments and critiques are welcome.  This is my first attempt at taking
> photos of complete strangers at a public event!
>
> Thank you.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Muhammad R.K. Chishty, Ph.D

I think what i am seeing is grain: combined with heavy Jpeging creating a mosaic
which is a distraction when you look into the shadows. Nice cars but  I'd love
to see the original prints!
grain is the brush stroke of photography says man ray.
And I'm getting some using Neopan 1600 in Xtol 1:3!

what is the film being developed in? do you know?

mark rabiner

it's nice to zone focus like that indoors is it not? Love that super fast film!
Down sampling fights for you!