Subject: Re: [Leica] A Lens Story
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 00:27:01 -0800 (PST)

Julian Thomas wrote:

Hi Robert.
Whenever anyone asks 'what lens shall I get first' I always say the 35
over the 50. And yet every one of my PAWs is taken with the 50. I've
just realised this week that if I go walkies with only one lens and it
is the 50 (rather than my 35 or 28) I get more keepers, even though I
prefer using the 35 or the 28. Spooky, huh?
Me too! From my available range of 24, 35, 60 macro, 90 and 180 R
lenses, I find myself using the 60 more than any other. It obviously
depends on the type of subject but that lens often seems to be "right"
for me. Even though I usually have the 35 mounted on the camera as my
"default" lens, because I expect it to be the most useful, more often
than not I find myself changing to the 60 just to get the framing I
want.

Regards,

=====
Ray