Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Visoflex and R mount lenses
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 12:43:40 EST

 The Visoflex and 125 Apo-Lanthar was suggested to Mr Kobyashi, President of
Cosina, at a meeting in November. Now, remember that the last Viso's were
listed in Leica's catalogue in the late 70's and early 80's. The reaction
from Voigtlander was not the 'Why make a lens for an obsolete system" that
one would anticipate, but rather" Should that be in a pre-set aperture mode
or a regular aperture mode." I haven't followed up on the idea due to time
constraint, but I would not mind one lens like that. It would make a dandy
Macro lens on an SL or R camera with the adapter. The lens will go to 1:1
without extension tubes too! As a sidenote, the 45/2,8 Pancake lens for the
FM3A Nikon is made by Cosina for Nikon. I saw the prototype of this lens in
November last year. They also make the 75/2,5 in a Nikon SLR mount.
Tom A

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Visoflex and R mount lenses)
Reply from Dennis <dwp@deltanet.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Visoflex and R mount lenses)