Subject: Re: [Leica] (Leica)FS:35-70 f2.8 R
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <joseph@yao.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 11:26:53 +0800

John,

Thank you for your message.  Don't worry about it.  I am sure you meant well
for the seller.

The seller should take most of the blame since he retracted his sale 2.5
HOURS after the deal was completed.  A fellow LUGger had made a higher offer
and he subsequently put the lens on eBay.  I have a rather dim view on that
person too and I have since been informed who he is.

If I were Hans-Peter Cohn I would be really embarrassed by how much grief he
has caused us.  A f/2.8 standard zoom lens is an essential part of any SLR
system and it is unthinkable that we Leica users have been denied of one.
On my 8th birthday I was given a Canon F-1, and came with it was a FD
35-70/2.8 zoom.  If I could have such a lens almost thirty years ago, why
has it been so difficult to get one for my R8 now?

Back to searching for another Vario Elmarit!

Regards,

Joseph