Subject: [Leica] Re: Ted's Portrait Class Room
From: "Dave Fisher" <tekapo@golden.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 15:53:31 -0500

Steve,

not sure if you're throwing this out for anybody on the list or just Ted, so
hope you don't mind my 2 cents. You said the portrait is backlit, but
there's more light on her forehead and cheeks than coming from the
background, so I imagine there was an even stronger source of light from
above, perhaps a fluerescent ceiling bulb. Maybe I'm old school, but in a
seated portrait like this I would prefer to see some catchlights in her
eyes, using either some sort of card to reflect light into her eyes, or else
position her so that the ambient light was reflected. IMO a little light in
the eyes can make a huge difference.

Regards, Dave