Subject: [Leica] R lenses on visoflex?
From: Summicron1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 07:03:09 EST

>> If Leica reintroduced a new Visoflex that would allow M users access
>> to most of the current R lenses, I would certainly be tempted!
>
>I'm sure that's far afield from their current stragedy

it wouldn't work except for macro shots, and maybe not even then -- the
lens-to-film distance would be too far with R lenses. Stick an M with a
visoflex on it next to an R body and you'll see what I mean.

you want to shoot an slr, buy an slr. You want to shoot a rangefinder, buy a
rangefinder. Why do you think nobody makes mirror boxes any more? It's like
trying to use a socket wrench to bake a cake.

ctrentelman
has both
utah