Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Earthquake commiseration
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 09:00:55 -0500

I noticed with interest that the NBC Today Show yesterday took full
advantage of the 'quake! They proudly announced that they were going to
interview an "Earthquake Survivor"--- which could have been ANYONE there
since, fortunately I am glad to say, NO DIED! Everyone survived!

My concern is that this activity, which seemed to start in Peru and Ecuador
several weeks ago, manifested itself in Central America, Mexico, Southern
California a couple of weeks ago, and again yesterday. I am wondering if the
ripple will not next manifest itself as a 'quake in Alaska within the next
few weeks!!! My guess that it will either be along the line north of
Fairbanks- which would be better than possible seismic activity along the
Aleutian archipelago or in the arear or the Bering Straits which might cause
a Tsunami somewhere along our shores!

Anyway- I hope our Northern friends keep their Leicas close at hand! It
sounds like Ole Mother Earth is not finished grumbling! And hopes for their
safety, too!

Dan (Far and away from shaking- but still somewhere near the area between
the New Madrid fault, and Charleston!) Post