Subject: [Leica] Arca-Swiss plate
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 01:25:13 -0700

Tom,

The clamp is an integral part of the Arca B-1 ballhead, but the folks at
Really Right Stuff (www.reallyrightstuff.com) make a compatible clamp that
can be used on other heads as well.

FWIW, I may be the only one who thinks so, but the B-1 isn't a great match
to the Leica M! The fancy progressive action's mostly wasted on such a
light camera, the clamp (and hence, the camera plates) are much bigger than
they have to be, and the B-1's friction settings are optimized for much
heavier cameras. Nevertheless, I continue to use it because (1) My B-1's
paid for, and (2) Nowhere else do I have such a choice of customized camera
plates.

Jeff Segawa
NO ARCHIVe