Subject: [Leica] Re: 15mm Heliar, Optimum f-stop
From: Douglas Cooper <douglas@dysmedia.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 01:16:37 -0500

On 2/27/01 11:00 PM, Leica Users digest expressed the following:

>> I just used my 15mm Heliar at Mardi Gras. I shot 3 rolls of color
>> and 3 rolls of black and white with the 15mm on my M1. I've only
>> had the lens one month and I'm amazed by its sharpness!

It's worth mentioning again that this lens is spectacular, but *only at one
f-stop*.  It's worth gluing the aperture ring so that it can't move from
f5.6.  (In this I agree with Erwin, btw.)

I wondered why I didn't like the lens much, until I discovered its
performance at 5.6.  (I seem to remember it's almost okay at f4 too, but
don't quote me.)

Douglas Cooper
http://www.dysmedia.com

Replies: Reply from "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: 15mm Heliar, Optimum f-stop)