Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicaflex SL suitability for Macro Photography
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 09:41:18 -0800

If you decide on a 60 mm, make sure that it is a "three cam" model and not
an "R cam," which works with the R3-R8, but lacks the first two cams
required for the SL and SL2.  I  have a 60mm that has the "r-cam"  but is
not a "three cam," and it cannot be mounted on an SL.  My 100 APO has all
three cams, and I don't know whether that ever came as an R-cam only
mount -- I think not because their advertising illustrated it with an SL or
SL2, bragging about the back-wards compatibility (before the ROM days).  I
have heard that it is an expensive conversion, so better to find one with
all 3 cams in the first place, as it probably will not cost any more.

Tom

> The SL cannot use ROM lenses but all Leica Macro lenses have been produced
without ROM, and if you can't find a pre-ROM lens, the ROM versions can be
converted to the 3-cam configuration that will work on anl leica reflex
camera.