Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Portra
From: Randy Holst <mistervolvo@home.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 00:08:04 -0700

Jim Brick wrote:

> Last November I shot a job using Portra 160 NC,...
[snip]
> The Portra 160 NC was awesome.

This has been my experience also with the Portra 160 NC, and I was quite
reluctant to give up my beloved Vericolor III.  I use it in a Pentax 6x7
with 90/f2.8 leaf shutter lens for daylight balanced fill flash shots of
large formal groups and in a Mamiya M645 with 150/f4 lens for head shots
under my portable studio lights and the results are so realistic the
people almost come alive. And it seems to be a true 160 speed film as
opposed to the VPS.  I like it.  My lab says it took them a while to get
their printer tuned up for it, but they seem to be doing fine now.

Randy Holst
Boise, Idaho

Message from "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Portra)
Message from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] Re: Re: Portra)