Subject: Re: [Leica] (Leica) Nothing better to do.........
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 15:07:34 -0800

Tom Finnegan, who had nothing better to do wrote:

>In honor of all the most recent LUG silliness, I felt it necessary to do my
>part to contribute. So here's another classic song butchered by me. I heard
>the orginal the other day on one of those oldies radio shows and everything
>just seemed to come to me in a flash. So pull out those old albums, crank up
>the stereo, and do your best Henry Rollins imitation.
>
>LUG List Party (sung to the tune of T.V. Party by Black Flag)
>[snip]

Actually, I think that Dez Cadena was the singer on that number (if I'm not
mistaken, it's from the first record and Henry only came along later - but
I could be mistaken about this).

And, to add a personal note...

At the time of "TV Party" I was playing a band based in the South Bay (a
suburb SW of downtown L.A.), where Black Flag had their rehearsal studio,
which was called World Studios or something like that. (For the
cognoscenti: it was on Artesia just west of Inglewood Ave, next door to
some greasy spoon and down the block from Shah Jehan, a great Indian
restaurant.) At any rate, we use to rehearse there as well, and would
occasionally jam with various folks from the SST universe (particulary with
members of Nig Heist, who seem to live in the darkened recesses of the
place). SST - Black Flag's label - eventually put out two of our albums,
the second of which got a four-star review in... (you'll never guess)
Downbeat!

Last time I saw Greg Ginn, I jammed with his then-new band (circa '93). It
was a trio, and all I remember about the evening was that the drummer had a
steer skull stuck in front of his bass drum, and the fact that, when I
first walked through the door Ginn handed me some earplugs and said:
"You'll want these."

Guy