Subject: FW: [Leica] loony for chrome?
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 17:47:47 -0500

> No, Austin, no need to excercise restrait.  Just a question of
> learning some
> reasoning skills and not getting so damn angry when people shoot holes in
> your logic.

But George, you shot no holes in anyone's logic.  Your statements on cars,
TVs etc were irrelevant, and in fact quite silly.

> Look, you're obviously a guy who just loves to take issue with others and,
> moreover,

I typically take issue with people who say something that's wrong or
'silly'.  Sometimes I like to discuss something that I may not fully
understand, and learn something.  In this case, it's the first.

> you display this inflated sense of your own
> photographic nobility.

Excuse me?  Do you know ANYTHING about my "photographic 'nobility'", as you
say?  If not, than how do you have ANY clue that it is inflated at all?

> try not to barge into
> conversations that either don't pertain to you

Excuse me again?  Now I have to ask permission to voice my opinion?  BS,
George.  Get over it quickly.

> I mean, you are making me chuckle -- I picture this grumpy guy,
> probably not
> very successful in life, with little else to do but troll a group for
> arguments -- but it's getting more than a little old.

Yep, that's me, George, you sure figured me out.  I really have no Leicas,
or any nice cameras for that matter.  I made it up.  I just have on old
Zorki that I got at a flea market for $10, an entire weeks pay at my measly
job of flipping burgers at the local Wendy's (night shift...that's why I
have the days to just sit and troll...troll...).  My car doesn't work half
the time, so I have to walk home to my run down old shack, buried in a no
name town...up hill, both directions, in bare feet...can't afford shoes.  At
least I make enough to pay my electric and phone bills, got to keep this old
486 I got at the dump going, so I can troll...troll...

George, if that's the picture you want, and it makes you feel better, then
goody for you.  The fact is you need to take the lense cap off if that's the
kind of picture you're getting.  For you to even say such a thing shows your
lack of grace.

I have not once personally attacked you, yet you seem to make a habit of it
with others.  It is juvenile, George.  If you want to talk about something,
do so without any personal attacks.  That IS what is getting old.