Subject: RE: [Leica] looney for chrome? -GOING OT
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:26:30 -0800

>And, on a list explicitly dedicated to discussing such objects, is it
>necessary to heap abuse on individuals who mention, even light-heartedly, a
>liking for one color or another?  And to make judgments that such
>individuals are hopelessly engaged in "mental masturbation" and are somehow
>lesser photographers, even when one has NO knowledge of their background,
>accomplishments, etc?

Ah George, welcome to the LUG, where opinion is often mistaken for fact and
saying something is so supposedly makes it so.

The whole black vs silver arguement (that I am criminally prolonging) is a
moot point, for every Lugger that chose one finish over the other made a
conscious decision favoring one purely aesthetic option to another, an
option that - as many have pointed out - in no way influences the
performance of the camera or the quality (or lack thereof) of the images it
produces, and have thus been engaged in the "spurious" activity they loudly
dismiss!

You bunch of dumb galoots! You pack of closet esthetes! Come on! Give up
the goods!!! You're all dying for snake-skin titanium M6s with matching
Noctiluxes!!! I know it!!!

Guy

;)