Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica 90mm Lens suggestions
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 08:52:36 +0100

Hi Phil,

No pitfalls. By all accounts the Voigtlander lenses are excellent value for
money. Of course there is the school of thought that says that you buy Leica for
the lenses, so using another brand on a Leica body (when Leica offers the
equivalent focal length) is heresy. I must admit that I do prefer Leica lenses
myself, but the one Voigtlander (really Cosina as I am sure you know) lens I
have, the 15mm Heliar, is very good.

Having said that, in 90mm, the 2.8 Elmarit is an excellent value these days,
with many on the second-hand market because people are buying the 2.0 Apo. It is
a very very good lens.

Nathan

Phil Sudberry wrote:

> Here's the twist-- I've heard/read the Voigtlander lenses are extremely high
> quality and can fit with adapter to the M3.  Prices are reasonable for my
> budget .  Any pitfalls to these lenses?

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland