Subject: [Leica] Re: Polaroid PolaGraph
From: "David Kieltyka" <daverk@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 18:52:46 -0500

Georg Bauer <gb@f-2.org> wrote:

> I just shot a roll of the above. It's a 35mm instant-slide
> film. I used my M6 and noticed a funny thing: the film
> wasn't transported right. I never had this problem with
> other material. It does look like the Polagraph is quite a
> bit thinner than normal film, so I thought that this might
> be the problem. Anyone had the same problem or any ideas
> to share on this?

I sometimes use PolaPan CT, Polaroid's ISO 125 b/w transparency film. Very
contrasty and grainy...for certain purposes it's great stuff. The film base
is, as you note, quite thin. The emulsion is also very fragile. When using
it I shoot two or even three of everything whenever possible just to be
safe. I've never had transport problems with it, though. Maybe neither
sprocket on your M6 engaged properly and thus the frame advance was
inconsistent. ??

- -Dave-