Subject: [Leica] RE: Leica Users digest V19 #138
From: Simon Ogilvie <simonogilvie@totalise.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 22:42:33 +0000

> I'm investigating adding MF to my Leicas adn thinking of the Mamiya 7 or
> Fuji GW series. I find the Mamiya's bokeh a little too unlike my Leicas for
> me. Has anyone got experience with the Fiji?

I've owned and used two of the Fuji's and I now own a Mamiya 7 outfit.
I'm not going to get into the argument over who makes the best lenses
as they are both extremely good!  However, there's no doubt in my mind
that the Mamiya 7 (and 6) cameras are far superior to the Fuji 670/690's.
The new AF Fuji's are better built and specified than the 670/690 but
they are all 6x4.5 format.  The rangefinders on the M6 and M7 are very
close to being as good as the Leica's (heresy!), and obviously having
interchangeable lenses and light meters are big advantages.  I also
use 5x4 equipment occasionally, although increasingly only for when I
need perspective control, as the Mamiya gives me sufficient quality in
a much more portable and easy to use package.  The quality of the results
I got from my Fujis was just as good, but the shooting experience is more
akin to using a Voigtlander Bessa L than a Leica M6...

Simon.

Flowers2send - your guarantee to success on Valentines Day!!!
Visit www.flowers2send.com or phone 0845 1200 430

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] RE: Leica Users digest V19 #138)