Subject: Re: [Leica] Banff, Bokeh and Red Dot Menace to Missiles
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 09:24:44 -0800

At 11:19 PM -0800 2/18/01, Ken Iisaka wrote:
>  > The Banff and altitude threads are interesting.  I am departing for
>Mammoth
>>  for a week of skiing.  Yes, I am a grayhair, I ski, as the boarders will
>>  attest.  Not only do I ski, I ski on fast GS longboards with mild side
>>  cuts - none of this parabolic stuff for me.
>
>Same here...  A pair of 15 year old Blizzard Firebird, 203cm, with Marker
>MRR bindings.  They take a lot of effort to make short radius turns at slow
>speeds, but dead stable at speed.  Much safer than the carving skis that are
>in fashion.
>
>Carry a IIIc with a collapsible Elmar.  Fits in a jacket pocket.

In the spring, when the snow can get lumpy and cruddy, I haul out a
_old_ pair of Dynastar MV2's, 218cm, with Look Nevadas. Track!
Nothing knocks them around, and if I go fast enough, some turns are
possible. Just hit the top of every third mogul. I used to patrol for
many years, but was told to try to not cause more accidents than
rescues. So my main skis now are some 207 Atomic GS's.

Fanny pack of whatever I want to shoot; usually M's with 21-90 or Noblex 150.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com