Subject: [Leica] M6 TTL 0.85 Viewfinder (a tyro question)
From: DBaker9128@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 12:43:44 EST

Hello LUG
I am a new Leica owner and a recent LUG lurker. I recently purchased a new M6
TTL 0.85 chrome body with companion 90 mm chrome Elmarit lens. I wish the ask
the advice of the LUG about the appearance of the 90 mm viewfinder frame
lines.  When using the 90 the right side frame line appears weaker in
contrast and can disappear from my view unless my eye is position slightly
off axis to the left. I wear glasses (vertical astigmatism) and I use my left
eye so I wonder if this is part of the problem? The right side frame line
does appear stronger when not wearing glasses and when using my right eye but
the phenomena is still present to a lesser degree. Is this a common attribute
of the 90 frame line of this model (and a nuance I should simply adjust to)
or should I sent the M6 in for service?
Thank you for advice.
Doug from Tumwater