Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: lens hoods
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <joseph@yao.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 21:04:15 +0800

on 17/2/01 12:57 AM, Julian Thomas at julianthomas@terra.es wrote:

> My problem with the 50 summilux is it normally goes over my shoulder, with
> the lens pointing into my body. Trouble is the hood keeps sliding down. If
> it only had a twist 'n lock it would be fine. The hood on the 35 summilux
> asph is great, but stick th ebody/lens in your pocket and the cap comes off.
> I'd have thought that oneof the design requirements of a cap is that it
> stays on!
>

> Julian

Julian,

The latest production Summilux-M 35/1.4 ASPH. (11874) has a re-redesigned
hood cap that is stiffer than the previous one and is more likely to stay
one the hood.  The change took place in autumn last year.

Regards,

Joseph

Replies: Reply from "Julian Thomas" <julianthomas@terra.es> (Re: [Leica] Re: lens hoods)