Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: lens hoods
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 11:47:54 -0500

> The only time I worry now
> is when the damn lens hood on the 50 summilux collapses everytime someone
> hits it.

I love the built-in shades.  FAR better, for me, than my Contax lenses that
have these dopey rubber screw on shades.  I am a minimalist...I don't want
to carry around a shade, and if it's built-in, I'm happy.

> Why can't leica design decent lens hood/caps. Anyone else hate the
> 35 summilux asph lens cap?

The lense cap is kind of flimsy...not one of my favorites.  I leave it in
the case when I am using the lense.  I also make sure when I put my camera
down, that it's facing AWAY from any chance of the sun catching the lense...