Subject: [Leica] LUGgers in Woburn
From: "Patrick Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 00:57:23 -0500

    Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 18:00:21 -0500
    From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?MEB=E9rub=E9?= <MEB@goodphotos.com>

     We got LUGgers in Woburn?
    (That's pronounced "Wooben" for those of you not familiar with the
    dialect of the the Bay State...an interesting phenomena much like
    Worcester being pronounced "Whusstah" and the Celtics -a
    professional basketball team, I am told- as the "Selltics"...no
    one knows why.)
     Just how many Mass-LUGers are there here anyhow?  There are only
    two of us in Maine that I can figure (plus one Mainer exiled in
    London) and at least one LUGger in NH. A regional get together
    sound fun to anyone?
    Carpe Luminem, Michael E. Bérubé

Ey, peckahead!  Waddayou sayin bouh Wooben?  Geddada heah!

I live in Woburn (the one in Massachusetts, not the one in
Bedfordshire).  And like Steven, I have a happy Elmarit tonight -- I
just processed some prints taken with an old 2-cam 90/2.8 Elmarit-R
that I got in California, and they're really nice, sharp and
contrasty.  All were shot wide open, so I can say, nice b***h, too.
Amazing how cheap these late 60s Leicaflex lenses are, and what good
performers they are.

For a New England LUGger get-together, we should really have Elmarit
Appreciation Night, in which we all take our Elmarits to one of the
local Irish pubs and soak them in Guinness.  Well, okay, maybe we
should just drink the Guinness.

- -Patrick