Subject: Re: [Leica] Is Photography Real...
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 13:01:07 -0800

Tim Spragens wrote:

> On 14 Feb 2001, at 9:33, George Lottermoser wrote:
>
> > Working as both an Illustrator and a Photographer, I believe that you
> > can expect to hear from Cindy Crawford's team of attorneys if you do a
> > charcoal drawing of her and try and sell it, or copies of it.
>
> Who's Cindy Crawford, and why is she more important than Jorg
> Schmidt who lives (or not) next door?

Cindy Crawford is the most popular supermodel pinup of the last part of the 20th century.
She was discovered by Victor Skrebneski in Chicago.
She is 40 now and made a film, a bomb.
Makes Brook Shields look like Meryl Streep in the acting department.

I always thought Crawford was boring but not the major population of the western hemisphere.
Originally she was talked about by insiders as "Baby Gia" as she bore a
resemblance of that model who died of aids which they made that great film of
with Angelina Jolie. (Angelina Jolie I'll hang on my dorm wall anyway)
They broke the stranglehold of the skinny boring blonds like Cheryl Tiegs had
over the fashion world and the publics fancy in the late 70s and early 80's
which is when i was starting out.
They had "curves" like real women.
(Another exception was Loren Hutton.)

Mark Rabiner