Subject: Re: [Leica] Is Photography Real...
From: Tom Finnegan <TomF@piengr.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 09:01:19 -0800

Martin wrote at length using many large words, including;
"The Jay & Hurn quotation and my response to it......"
********************

Just a bit of clarification here. The Jay and Hurn bit was not in any way a
quotation. It was an off-the-top-of-the-head paraphrasing of something I
only vaguely remember from a book I read some time ago. I probably should
not have paraphrased them without going back and rereading the section in
question, but what the heck, it seemed like the thing to do at the time. I
actually highly recommend both Jay and Hurn books, 'On Being a Photographer'
and 'On Looking at Photographs'. Both books are fairly free of 'academic
codswallop', at least compared to some books on photography. I'd also
recommend Hurns latest book 'Wales: Land of My Father'.

If I remember, I'll try and dig out the book in question and provide some
actual quotes.

Tom Finnegan
Seattle