Subject: [Leica] Re: 35mm finder for IIIc or IIIf
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 11:11:52 -0000

Marshall, C.R. wrote:
>>Do you need an auxilliary viewfinder on a IIIc or IIIf to use a 35mm
lens,
>>or is the built in finder adequate?

And Marc James Small replied:

>Auxiliary VF.  The Russian copies of the Zeiss Ikon 436/70 are
perfect (28,
>35, 50, 85, 135) and cheaper than anything else on the market.  I
would
>suggest you avoid the various permutations of the Imarect.

I've tried two of these Russian turret finders, and found that the
wide-angle frames on both were very inaccurate - spectacularly so in
one case. If offered one, check it carefully against another finder.
Cheap isn't cheap if it doesn't work correctly. If it does work
correctly, then the Russian finder is in some respects an improved
version of the Zeiss original.

Regards,

Doug Richardson