Subject: [Leica] Re: [SP] Gilbert's PAW Week 6 Feedback (longish)
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 09:29:20 -0800 (PST)

You should use a gray gamma of 1.8. LCD screens have a different
characteristic curve from a well calibrated CRT, no matter what you
do. Most uncalibrated PC screens are set to a gamma of 2.2, not much you
can do about that. You just have to make the best compromise.

I created a 256 step wedge, calibrated my monitor so that I can
distinguish all the steps with gamma at 1.8, then calibrated the output
profile for PiezographyBW on the Epson 1160. It was pretty easy.

Godfrey