Subject: [Leica] Re: TTL vs nonTTL M6?
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 16:17:40 -0800 (PST)

> What is the optical/other difference between TTL and non TTL M6 's
> please? Which is "better, easier and more reliable"??

I can't answer with detailed technical info, but from my perspective when
I was making my purchase decision:

- - The TTL model has a slightly taller top plate to house the additional
  electronics.
- - TTL ambient light meter is 1EV more sensitive than the Classic M6.
- - Revised meter readout in the TTL is three lights (under, on, over),
  they are now just like the Nikon FM (my old favorite in this regard).
- - Revised shutter speed selector works in the direction the meter arrows
  point and is easier to work without taking the camera from your eye.
- - TTL shutter speed selector now has a specific "OFF" position to turn off
  all circuitry.

I decided to go with the TTL model because I like the new meter readout
and shutter speed selector more than the old one and because I like the
option of the TTL flash metering with the SF20 flash unit. The additional
ambient metering sensitivity is a plus too.

Godfrey