Subject: [Leica] Re: Alpex finder?
From: Douglas Cooper <douglas@dysmedia.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 18:42:51 -0500

I've just come into possession of a fine Alpex zoom finder, thanks to
Michael Berube on the list.  Optically superb -- brighter than the Russian
turret thing, and ergonomically superior.  The only thing I prefer about the
Russian finder is that it centers the finder right over the lens on an M3 --
this one skews things to the right.  (Any hints on how to fix this would be
appreciated -- one of the Voigtlander/Cosina double shoes?)

So what do people know about Alpex?  Says "Japan" on the bottom, and I would
guess from the build quality and design that it dates from the period of the
late Canon LTM's:  serious construction -- looks like chrome over brass --
and the black and chrome ring arrangement is similar to what you find on
later Canon LTM lenses.

Anyway, I like it a lot.  Looks good on the M, too.  (thanks, Mike)

Douglas Cooper
http://www.dysmedia.com