Subject: Re: [Leica] Summicron DR on M6 TTL
From: Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 07:01:04 -0500

I am not sure about the auxilliary finder, but I suspect you are correct.

When I bought my M6, I tried a bunch with my DR Summicron,
and the lens itself would not go into the "close" range.  I think
there is something in the cam follower or cam that made the
lens "not go to closeup range", and I certainly was not going
to force it in the store.

Anyway, if you take a look at the back of the auxilliary finder,
you will find a tab of metal that protrudes from the back face
and is supposed to clear a normal M body, but interferes with
an M5 body.  That might need some "adjustment" for the 2mm
higher M6TTL - but check and see.  More important, make
sure the lens, when mounted to the M6TTL, the lens goes
into the closeup range.

In the end, I bought the non-TTL M6.

Vick

Message from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (Re: Confession of a LUG addict, Leicaholic Re: [Leica] the horror, the horror!)