Subject: RE: [Leica] Summicron information needed
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 10:36:10 -0000

Jim,
First q. first. If it's an early 'standard' one cam lens then maybe no more
than $100.

3rd q. The lens will most likley not work comprehensively on later bodies,
though it should work, and enable metering fully open or when manually
stopped down.
You can check whether your lens is capable of operating on other, later,
Leicaflex bodies, such as the SL/SL2 by visiting my web page which shows
how to discover which cams are in the back of your lens.
http://members.tripod.co.uk/JemK/Pic-A-Week/cams.htm
Some recent correspondence suggests that Leitz's information on the subject
of compatibility is not always 'cast in stone'

2nd q. It's definitely worth buying another body.
Everyone here has at least 2, ............................. or 3, or 4, er,
Contact me off list if you're interested in a low price SL body.

best regards,
Jem