Subject: [Leica] Devastated in Victoria!
From: goldman@math.umn.edu
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 19:22:12 -0600 (CST)

Ted;

No! No grieving for a blown shoot.  The best solution Iıve found for that
is to look in the mirror and slowly and softly keep saying  ³dummy, dummy,
. . . ³ for about an hour, then a good cry followed by a single malt and a
good nights sleep.  The next morning you are refreshed and ready to go out
and blow another shoot.

I will definitely take you up on the invite next time Iım in your area.
Iıve been there twice, once on vacation (Olympic Peninsula ---> Victoria
- ---> Vancouver) and once giving a seminar talk at UBC.  On the vacation, a
friend took us to a fantastic Dim Sum lunch.  Iım a book nut and was very
impressed with the used bookstores in Vancouver.

Iıve known Tom for a long time.  We once spent the day wandering around
Boston. He seemed to be wearing at least six Mıs, one on each shoulder,
two around the neck, and I think one from each ear.  That guy really hates
to change lenses

Jay
- --------------------------

 ³  From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Subject: Re: [Leica] Devastated in Victoria!

Hi Jay,

Gee you over there in the big city, man you've got to get to-gether with
the
"Vancouver LUG crazies,"  Henning, Sylvia, Tom & Tuulikki, Irene, Sandy
and
myself and any visitors who happen to be in town at one of our more
elegant
soirees!

An early Single malt scotch Leica chit chat, followed by a most wonderful
dinner with more Leica talk and happy snaps of each other while pigging
out
on Saki and great Japanese food. Send along a phone number private and one
of the Vancouver crew will see if your available the next time we chow
down
Leica Japanese style. :-)

Thanks for the "LRDA" info as there are many times I could use a dry
grieving towel! ;-)  Do they also do "crying on the shoulder" grief
counseling  when you've screwed up a Leica shoot?  Or is it Red Dot
specific? ;-)
ted