Subject: Re: [Leica] Unfortunate accident removes red dot! Devastated in Victoria! :-(
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 11:35:33 -0800

Dear Doctor Goodtimes,
Thank you for your consultation advice. However, there isn't a hope in hell
they'll have me back in there after I was dragged sobbing and crying out in
a plaintive voice,  "Red Dot where are thou?"  as the guys with the white
coats wrapped me very tightly in one of those funny bags that I might use as
a changing bag some time if they were made in black.

It might even make a very secure Leica kit carry all. Sure as hell no one is
going to mess with someone with a straight jacket carrying bag! ;-)

I will on the eve of the next full moon do as you suggest, view the moon at
full aperture with my Noctilux in attempt to vainly find my Red Dot. Failing
that I'll resort to drastic measures and try some of the kindly offered
suggestions:

Take a diamond out of my wife's ring. that's a fast way to die on the spot!

Use red nail polish on the lens. Banned from the LUG forever!

Venture into ebay for a new lens. Suggestor wanted my lens, red dot or no!

Buy a new one! He also wanted the lens, red dot or no! nice try guys! ;-)

A new Red Dot offered on the screen. sorry wrong red dot, thanks anyway!

Or finally, e-mail the Fatherland for a Red Dot! several suggestions for
this one.

When my sorrow subsides and I can get a handle on my emotions I'll endeavor
at great haste to replace it,  as I've been informed the lens will
ultimately self destruct as I look through it, taking my M6 and all those
near by with it if the Red Dot isn't replaced immediately! jeeesh! That's
heavy duty!

If  I fail replacing it quick enough I sure hope someone is near by, not too
close, I don't want to be responsible for any other destroyed Leicas. But
someone please get a shot of the last frame of the old campaigner as he goes
up in a cloud of Noctilux - M6 bits and pieces enshrouded in a "Red Dot"
cloud of smoke! ;-)

Now that's a hell of a scene not to be missed! ;-)

Thanks everyone for all the fun comments and the real ones. Have a good one!
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant