Subject: Re: [Leica] PAY - Barflies in Amsterdam
From: "Tim Spragens" <info@borderless-photos.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 10:15:19 +0100

Thanks Wilber,

I haven't had the facilities to make silver prints in some years; the
"printing" is all digital - film scanned with the Artix 4000t, spotted
and corrected in Photoshop.

Now, my recallection of this particular evening is not entirely clear -
it was in mid-December when Kyle was over on holiday. We spent
remains of the afternoon on his housboat deck drinking beer and
geniver
(http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/test/europe/a7.jpg),
waiting for Linda to return from shopping. In the early evening we
moved on to Sander's and wine
(http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/test/europe/a13.jpg),
to a restaurant and more wine, to the bar for a nightcap.

What I think I did was shoot wide open, meter the region through
the camera, and wait...

Kyle had his Coolpix along in the bar, but I don't see anything on
his site as a cross-reference for the evening. He may post
something in revenge...

The images referenced above are from Kyle's Europe essay:
http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/test/europe/

I'm happy for any criticism, I find the comments made about others'
work instructive as well, so use the opportunity for mutual benefit.