Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: DOF, thanks Austin
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 14:04:09 -0500

on 2/9/01 12:56 PM, B. D. Colen at bdcolen@earthlink.net wrote:

> However.....Go back and read everyone of the I would be willing to bet
> at least 75 posts, if not many, many, more and tell me what, after
> reading all of them, you have learned that will make you a better
> photographer.

Is that why we read the LUG? I think not. Invective! Disputation!
Curmudeonlisness! This is what we read the LUG for.

The DOF thread was/is actually interesting to me. As a result of it I
actually discovered how to manipulate the standard DOF equations to give me
an answer to a question I had been asking myself about how practical it was
to use a 4x5 camera to shoot zone focus stuff handheld, given the size of
print I wanted to make and the resolution I would be scanning the neg at.

A rare example of light rather than heat!

- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> ([Leica] Texas Leica)