Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: DOF, thanks Austin
From: P2CON@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 22:06:25 EST

Austin, I have tried to follow most of this discussion since your post
claiming to have thousands of shots taken with a 75mm/f1.4 at around 3 feet
subject distance and have consistently achieved a DOF of about 1 - 1.5 inches
on your prints. I think you have subsequently explained to all of us how you
are able to make that claim, and I for one will let it go. To you, it is your
truth and you are entitled to it, but some of us older folks would rather not
have to learn the new ways, so please ------ .

Regards, Paul Connet
P.S. My leica 35mm at f16 is marked for a DOF from Infinity to 4', and so is
my Canon 35mmFD, my Pentax M42 SMC 35, and my Olympus 35mm, so I think they
are pretty well standardized.

austin@darkroom.com writes:

<< >
 >         INFINITY TO 3 OR 4 INCHES????

 Nope, I wish...sorry.  It's feet, not inches.

 Just seeing if anyone was paying attention ;-)