Subject: [Leica] PAW pigeons
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 09:47:12 -0000

Just been catching up with the latest PAWs and found Hakan's site which I
seemed to have missed previously.
I like the strong people pictures there, not afraid to get up to people and
interact.
http://www.geocities.com/hakanarli/week2.html
makes me think of this last couple of days news here in the UK.
Trafalgar Square has always been famous for the pigeons, well the recently
appointed Mayor of London (Ken Livingstone) has seen fit to eradicate their
prescece describing them as 'rats with wings' (I'm inclined to share his
view) and so has sent packing the last pigeon food vendor from the site. He
had to effectively pay him him go away but this marks an end to a long
custom for visitors to London, feeding the birds.

Though the cost had certainly risen to more than 'tuppence a bag'...
(reference to 'Mary Poppins' there...)

Jem