Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V19 #103
From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 09:02:04 +0000

> From: "Hugo Lopes" <hal@netc.pt>
> Subject: [Leica] M6J Viewfinder magnification
>
> What was the M6J viewfinder magnification? As far as I know it was .85,
> wasn't it? There's this guy on ebay selling an M3 with a newly fitted VF
> that claims that the mag is the same as the original M3 because the M6J
> uses the same finder. Just thought of checking this out with you guys.
> Thanks

Hugo,
the M6J viewfinder is not only not the same magnification as the M3 (0.85 v
0.91) it is not even the same design. The M2 came out with a cheaper to make
lower mag finder (one of the reasons it was cheaper) which was adopted for
all subsequent Ms. Making the M6J and .85 viewfinders accurate was said at
the time to be very difficult.
cheers Frank