Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicas as weapons.
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 18:14:26 -0800

Damn, I love a good chat up when a Leica can be used as a lethal weapon! ;-)
Good on you Mark, I knew you were a tiger at heart! :-)

Mark,  I can assure you they do make very effective weapons having used an
M4 well placed on the side of a drunks head  that was trying to punch me out
after a football game.

Like you, I was trying to tell him I hadn't taken his picture, however, he
wasn't having any part of that and made major efforts at laying on the
blows.

So I just up and whaled him a solid wrap along the side of the head and that
was the end of that.

UNTIL!

Two of his drunken buddies jumped me and had me face down on the field
proceeding to punch the hell out of me. One broke his knuckles on my skull,
found that out much later in the day ,when the cops found them after the guy
had gone to the hospital.

However, it turned out these three guys were "off duty police officers"
under the influence of booze! My good fortune for identification was,  I had
taken pictures of the three of them pushing around a couple of "rent -a-
security " guys earlier.

To put it mildly, the Chief of Police wasn't a happy camper when the "event"
took front and centre in the newspaper the next day!  Oh yeah, the cops?
They paid for a Nikon that was trashed tearing a 500mm mirror lens out of
the camera when I was put face down. The bad guys were "fired from the
police force!"

Many of you know the phrase "Lock and load!"   So keep those Leicas' always
locked and loaded!
ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant