Subject: Re: [Leica] how can the 75 Lux focus go bad?
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@telalink.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 13:45:06 -0600

>I keep hearing people's accounts of their 75 Summiluxes focusing in front
>of or behind the intended point of focus (recently 4 people and 5 lens
>samples).  In a couple cases the lens (alone) was sent out for repair and
>came back working.
>
>When these lenses go out of spec, what exactly is happening to them?
>
>--Andrew
>NO ARCHIVE

I don't know. My 75 is dead on.
I tested it last weekend because the new 90 APO I bought was way off.
My 75 was the control.
The 90 is at Leica now getting fixed.
It would be interesting to know what the heck happens to a lens
(especially a new one) to make it not focus correctly. It seems so basic.
Like a car with wheels that don't roll. Or a bucket with a hole in the
bottom. Duh!!!
How does it happen?

Henry Ambrose

Replies: Reply from "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org> (Re: [Leica] how can the 75 Lux focus go bad?)