Subject: Re: [Leica] Fw: Photos
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 14:33:34 -0800

Margaret Jeffcoat wrote:

> I would suggest that if you like it and it's working for your situation then
> go with it. I really don't think your missing anything.
> Personally I've not tried the TMax in the 400 35mm, still use the Tri X and
> am pleased. Would switch if something told me that
> would yield better results.
> Cheers Wilber

To me from a 35mm neg Tri x looks a little soft in 8x10's and 11x14's.
With Xtol 1:3 400 speed tab grain films like T Max or Delta look like 100 films.
In terms of BOTH grain AND sharpness/resolution.

As we are paying all this money for Leica glass this makes all the more sense.

Unless you are into old "interesting" glass.
Then the meatier but softer old fashioned films fit right in. Like tri x.

mark rabiner

Replies: Reply from "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org> (Re: [Leica] Fw: Photos)
Message from "Margaret Jeffcoat" <margaret01@excelonline.com> (Re: [Leica] Fw: Photos)