Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh link bull!
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 23:32:30 -0800

>Hell Ray,
>I never knew what the hell this bokeh thing was before it raised it's ugly
>wording on the LUG.
>
>However, I was very aware of the out of focus area of any photograph at
>varying apertures and distances where it appeared as an advantage in the
>picture. Also of the effects on a dozen or so Leica lenses, long before it
>ever was a word on the screen!
>
>It's just one of those mental things luggites get their butts all wrapped in
>knots over, eventually wasting an incredible amount of time pounding the
>keys in flabbergab instead of being out there taking pictures.
>
>It's certainly not the big deal that many have made it out to be over the
>past 2 years.
>ted

This is one of the great things about the LUG - the tenacious
ISAIDYOUSAIDITISITISNTOVERANDOVER kind of thing. You can always count on
certain opinions from certain folks, and that's great!

I am a believer in bokeh, but I absolutely *love* reading Ted's anti-bokeh
posts - it's just wonderful that folks can get so wound up over such an
issue.

Carry on, boys!

Guy

Replies: Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Bokeh link bull!)