Subject: [Leica] Re: Chicago shops
From: firkin@netconnect.com.au
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 03:42:05 GMT

Disfromage@aol.com writes:

> In a message dated 2/1/01 8:10:34 PM, firkin@netconnect.com.au writes:
>
> << Central camera on Wabash is a nice old fashioned shop -- pricey but. Up the
> road there was a warehouse like outlet with lots of camera stuff. Mostly
> junk, but I like to browse junk as well. Can't remember the name. Any
> takers? >>
>
> Alatair,
> Sounds like maybe Altman's Camera which doesn't exist anymore.  Central is
> still fun though, I bought a Bessa-L there a couple weeks ago for my 15mm
> Heliar to live on.  It's the most fun camera I've had in years.
> Richard Wasserman

G'day Richard,

How are you? I'm sad I missed Chicago last year, and I certainly won't be
getting there this year, but maybe again in 2002. Altman's sounds right.
Sad to hear its gone. It was a funny old place with glass cases filled with
all sorts of stuff, and seemingly endless back rooms. Staff were not too
helpful --- perhaps that's why they went west ;-)

Regards to all my Chicago friends

Cheers

Alastair