Subject: [Leica] Re: HIE
From: leica@rakitzis.com
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 01:41:42 -0800

>I've shot lots of HIE in Lisco holders; they are fine.

>Maco's film doesn't have nearly the sensitivity of HIE into the IR;
>that's why they are able to offer it in 120. HIE doesn't work in 120;
>you can get it in 70mm, but that stuff is a hassle to develop.

I see...

And it seems that HIE has been discontinued in sheet film. Is that
right?

So if I'm not mistaken there is no true IR film in sheet film sizes?
If the B&H film catalog is anything to go by the Maco is the only
thing available at the moment.

Not to start another tedious digital-vs.-film thread but the latest
discontinuations (APX25, Tmax readyloads) have been quite disheartening
to me.

Byron.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: HIE)
Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Re: HIE)