Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: D1X and D1H. was: A new mechanical-electronic shutter
From: lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 23:47:08 +0100

lucien wrote:

> Martin Howard wrote:
>
> > Lucien jotted down the following:

> > > <http://www.digitalkamera.de/Info/News/07/39-en.htm>
> >
> > What a bizarre sensor arrangement: 4,024 x 1,324 cells.  What is it, a
> > Cinemascope still camera?
>
> Martin,

This was on the web:

The D1X however is supposed to be equipped
with a new CCD-sensor which offers a physical resolution
of 5.3 megapixels (4,024 x 1,324
light-sensitive cells). By using a horizontal compression by factor 0.75 x
and an inversed vertical interpolation by
factor 1.5 x the camera would produce image files with an
effective maximum resolution of 3,000 x
1,960 pixels (file size uncompressed 18 Mbytes). The continuous
speed of D1X should be about 3 frames per
second (up to 9 consecutive frames).

at:

<http://www.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1014&message=803603&thread=800768>

Lucien