Subject: Re: [Leica] OT -fear of change/ how to spell 'lens'
From: Cmrausr@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 13:48:51 EST

Good answer Ted, well said! (as usual) I admit I was playing a bit of Devil's
advocate here, but sometimes I get a little tired of hearing people talk
about a particular tool as if it's magic.  It doesn't matter what brand of 50
1.4 you use, so long as it's with you, and you have the sense to use it. And
in reference to Leica M being hard to use. I've used them for 25plus years,
and they are intuitive to me, but when I try to get most younger
photographers to use one, they play with it for a while and give it back.

Many people who have never worked with anything other than the autofocus
generation of gear just won't go to the trouble to learn to use the manual
stuff. Their loss. I certainly use it when I need to, but just like an M
camera, auto everything is not the be all and end all of the photographic
tool chest.

Scott

>If I were to only see crap images the Leica would record crap images, no
differently than any other camera. However, if one sees exciting and
rewarding events, then the camera is going to record them! As long as the
photographer has remembered to put film in the camera.
No there isn't any conceit in the world that is going to make a picturebetter
due to the camera used, possibly in the imagination of some shooters they may
think so. If one sees crap they are going to record crap, Leica or no! Or
whatever black box!

ted>