Subject: Re: [Leica] FW: Sam Abell's Leica cameras?
From: "Wilber Jeffcoat" <wilber@jeffcoatphotography.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 12:14:19 -0500

I remember seeing full page adds run in the Trades, they would be for the
Chicago trib, Washington Post, New York Times, etc etc etc and they would
have all of the Photo Staff sitting around a table and they all had their
"M" cameras in hand. Then I have a Friend (Who I'm not dragging into this)
Who worked for the Nat. Geo and he told me that they shot Leica for the
longest time. Look through some of the older Nat Geo's and in the back you
see a lot of the photogs using Leica "R" and "M"..  I know for a fact that
the Charleston Observer and the State Record  (Vic Tutt- a devoted "M"
shooter-a lot of his shooters bought their own "N" as they wanted the faster
motors (F36) of the Then Current Nikon FTN )(Columbia SC) Both Papers Traded
in a lot of "M" equipment in the past yr.- up grading for the Digital Rev.
Yes there was a lot of Nikon used and still is. We shot Leica M for the 2
yr. I worked a daily- 30 yr. back. The head photographer for the Houston
Chronicle still shoots Leica (and I don't know who paid for it- but he
dumped his "N" stuff when he had really bad edge fall off with their 24mm
when do a feature in South America) both M and R using "N" only for the
longer fast lens 300 and 400 2.8's and the Faster motor of that brands
reflex. So that is where the comment came from, if you feel it's blowing
smoke So Be It- these are my last words on this. I have photos to make.
Cheers Wilber