Subject: Re: [Leica] FW: Sam Abell's Leica cameras?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:44:11 -0500

At 06:39 PM 1/30/2001 -0600, goldman@math.umn.edu wrote:
>	Do you have a source for this.  I thought they were all Nikon as
>that is what most of their people used, and that Leica people like Bill
>Allard bought their own equipment.

Nikon was busy making Japanese battleship rangefinders and the like in the
1920's and '30's and wasn't selling cameras.  That is when Leica ruled at
National Geographic, and it continued to do so through the Second World
War, though most of the other major magazines went over to Contax due to
the greater reliability of the Contax shutter.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

Replies: Reply from "Dante A. Stella" <dante@umich.edu> (Re: [Leica] FW: Sam Abell's Leica cameras?)